AGVs are Automatic Guided Vehicles without operator on board, used for transportation of various kinds of loading units between different areas of the facility.
System Logistics counts AGVs among its main products dedicated to intralogistics for production and distribution centers.
AGVs can connect various storage and material handling systems within warehouses. They can pick up goods from production areas (Cartesian robots, anthropomorphic robots, palletizers, etc.) without interrupting the process, making the operation safe and fast.
AGVs interact with the other warehousing systems such as front-access shelving, drive-in shelving, cantilever and automatic warehouse, resulting in time, energy and space savings.
The vehicles can interact with other robots or automation systems to ensure that the product is handled smoothly in the warehouse, stored for future use or deposited directly in the shipment zone.
AGVs are driven by a laser guidance system. As they move independently without operator or permanent floor-mounted structures, AGVs can grant a very high level of flexibility for step-by-step expansion or modification of the plant.
Thanks to their flexibility and to the possibility of customization, they are suitable for both production plants and for distribution centres.
- Optimisation of industrial transport flows in accordance according to vehicles fleet, traffic and missions.
- Work flows distributed dynamically between AGVs.
- Possibility of 24/7 operations without human intervention.
- Automatic battery change.
- Material-handling infrastructures not required.
- Increase of AGVs in line with the growth in operations volume.
- Easy updating or extensions without system shut down.
- Easy reconfiguration of routes or addition of new machines.
- Easy reintroduction of vehicles after manual repositioning.
- Just-in-time delivery.
- No destination errors.
- Improved stock management precision.
- No structure nor racks damages.
- Reduction of times and costs for installation and dismantling thanks to lack of fixed and permanent structures.
- Reduced installation times and reduced need of manpower.
- Low maintenance costs.
- Low running costs.